1. Parent Evaluation forms are due by the 15th.
2. Starting next week Monday through Friday till the National Exam we will have AP World Workshop reviews.
AP World History after School Workshop Review (Next Week)
a. 4/12, 13 and 14th Foundation Review – Bring your packet with you.
b. 4/14 AP Writing…More Examples, DBQ’s and CCOT
c. 4/15 Practice questions
AP Calendar Event
On Monday, I explained to our students the need to get focused over the next six weeks for the National Exam.
I told my students that we needed a strategy to help us execute and achieve the goal of passing the National Exam.
This plan would begin with a calendar. I passed out a blank calendar and helped them plan for this week.
We discussed the importance of doing the things that were planned and not putting them off till tomorrow.
Items for the calendars this week.
1. Finish reading the CAP book. This must be done..No excuses and everyone agreed. We counted out how many pages everyone still needed to read and divided them by the number of days left in the week. Some had to read 10 pages a day while others 15 to 20.
2. Organizing notes into time period packets (One a day)
a. Foundation 8000 BCE to 600 CE
b. Post classic 600 to 1450 CE
c. Early Modern 1450-1750 CE
d. Modern 1750-1914 CE
e. The Present Era 1914-Present
3. Complete all work from Spring break that is not finished.
4. Review Chapter questions pertaining to the Foundation period.
Today in Class
1. Diagnostic Exam- Multiple Choice
a. 70 questions, using the elimination technique and 3 step college prep skills.
1. Follow your calendar
2. Recap work to have been complete during Spring Break.
1. CAP Book: 1750 to 1914 finish reading during Spring break
2. Write your DBQ (2006)
3. Finish Ch 24 Questions
4. Complete both tests in the CAP Book
A. On a separate sheet of paper, number 1 to 70 for each
Practice Exam (Test I & II) and write down the time period each
question represents. This is the test I will grade you on…
5. Reminded students that this information has been up and it was their responsibility to read and complete since March 25th.